Monday, November 15, 2004

"Finally," he says...

I've decided to start a blog for a couple of reasons.
I'm now thoroughly addicted to Dooce.com. I hovered for years, checking in maybe once a month, if that; usually when Mat prompted me about a post he thought I'd enjoy. Now I visit every day, sometimes more than once. So I thought it might be fun to start one of my own.
The kick in the pants I needed came last Thursday when we brought home our new family member, Mr. S. Checkers MacHoy. I wanted to tell the world about this wonderful new pig (or pidget, as my friend Nicci calls them); how he goes catatonic when you pick him up, how Mat and I shit our pants last night when he emerged from the safety of his box WHILE WE WERE IN THE ROOM. He's a cute little pidget, and I think after all he's been through, he deserves a place in cyberspace.

5 Comments:

At November 15, 2004 at 11:20 p.m., Blogger Matthew said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Now just don't get trapped! Mat's a great guy, glad to know him, and hope to get to know you!

 
At November 16, 2004 at 7:28 a.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Thanks Matt with two t's! I'm so excited that someone other than my hub posted here. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon.

I need to change the title of this thing. I was feeling not-so-creative yesterday. Something else will come to me, probably this weekend.

 
At November 17, 2004 at 3:02 p.m., Blogger Matthew said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 17, 2004 at 3:04 p.m., Blogger Matthew said...

Crack the whip and get Mat on the ball to brew you up a fancy design. I think 'Niffer's Fine Ale' would be a great title for your site, but then again I'm probably dragging this brewery analogy too far! :)

(previous deletion was me learning how to spell. hukt on fonix wurkt 4 me!)

 
At November 18, 2004 at 1:00 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

He doesn't listen to me, Matt. Well, he does, but it's selective. Keep up the suggestive postings, he just might listen to you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home