Wednesday, November 17, 2004

It's going to be a bad day

The day and I have gotten off on the wrong foot.

When I woke up this morning, there was no newspaper. It might not seem like a big deal, but the newspaper is part of my routine. And not just my routine, but the kitties' routine, too. They each take a turn sitting in my lap, perched over one arm while I take a full freakin hour to get through the paper.

I forgot that this might happen today - there has been talk of our local paper going on strike. And there they go. Grrr. Argh.

Good news is that Checkers is now giggling like a happy pig when you walk by his cage. And he christened me last night with boy pig pee (smells a lot worse than girl pig pee). Gross, I know, but I was beaming to know that he was so relaxed that he felt it was ok to pee on his new friend.

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2004 at 6:55 a.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Hey Trace - I posted from work yesterday but it didn't seem to take. Weird. Anyway, I'll put up some lovely photos of said pidget as soon as we actually take some. He's a little camera shy. And people shy. And catatonic. Just sometimes.

 
At November 17, 2004 at 10:08 p.m., Blogger Matthew said...

What terrible hour do you rise at to be able to dedicate a full hour to the newspaper and still get on with your day?

 
At November 18, 2004 at 12:55 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

On a good day, 6:30, on a bad day, 5:15 (i.e. when I have a meeting at 7:30, like today, for ex.).

I'm one of those people who gets the bizarre urge to do the dishes and clean the cat litter when I have absolutely no time in the morning. So I build the insanity into my schedule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home