Wednesday, November 24, 2004

It's not that I have nothing to say

Being new to this blogging stuff, I'm not very good at making frequent posts yet. Yesterday, a co-worker alerted me that there was no new news about Checkers. Well, Checkers is doing fine; great in fact. With his cage eye-level to the kitties (Miss Piggy's cage was up on a table) he's able to chat with the fat one (Buddy) and they get along famously. When I walk in the room, Checks runs into his cardboard Pepsi house and Buddy chirps and walks up to me as if to say, "we weren't talking about you. Honest."

In other news, our street has just finished being 'refinished' - new sewers, gutters, etc. And while this is great news, I'm super upset at the fact they've put down new sod so close to winter. Of course, we received a letter back in the summer that if the sod dies, it's our problem. But it didn't say anything about the sod dying due to frost or the fact that we can't water it as 'they've' instructed, because we've all put our garden hoses away for the winter BECAUSE IT'S COLD OUTSIDE.

Ok, I know that talk of sod is not very exciting, but I wanted to document my disdain, so that when our grass is dead in the spring I can pull up this post and say I TOLD YOU SO.

It's amazing how your interests shift when you're a homeowner. Pigs and sod. Tomorrow: caulking.

2 Comments:

At November 25, 2004 at 10:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posting the same thing twice, regardless of the griping content and fine prose, does not count as making two posts.

Just in case your counting

Shibumi

 
At November 25, 2004 at 12:56 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Damn. You noticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home