Monday, April 04, 2005

I can hardly contain myself

Tonight at 8:30 I will pick up our new kitty, Neiko. I'm dying in anticipation.

This all came on quite suddenly last Friday. It started when I saw the cutest little pup in the paper. Even though we're not ready for a dog (need to fence the backyard) I had to check out the little guy on the web.

That's when I discovered ARF Ontario and a little feller named Reiko.

I convinced Single T that we need this cat, that Blusie needs this cat, because this cat desperately needs other kitties the way Blusie does. See, the problem is that Buddy and Blue get along, but they don't love each other like kitties should. And that makes Blusie sad.

Reiko (pron. Rico) doesn't look at all Spanish, so we're going to change his name to Neiko (like the singer only spelled differently). We visited him yesterday and he is just the sweetest thing. AND HE HAS OPPOSABLE THUMBS. I kid you not. Don't worry; photos to come.

Wish us luck! Budzo's going to hate my guts.

6 Comments:

At April 4, 2005 at 12:48 p.m., Blogger mighty said...

you are a canadian version of my fiancee, who goes by the pseudonym 'nif' 'niffer' or 'the nifster' plus she loves cats as well.

yippppeee

 
At April 4, 2005 at 3:46 p.m., Blogger Kranki said...

How exciting! We will need full photo documentation of the whole event.

And with those opposable thumbs who knows what things he can learn to do. Dust or vacuum or cook a meal now and then. Give a wicked neck massage. Play show tunes on the piano.

Or if he just eats and sleeps and poops he will still be magical. Congrats!

 
At April 5, 2005 at 9:19 p.m., Blogger Susie said...

Congrats on the new bundle of joy. And Blusie IS crotcherific. Wonderful pic.

 
At April 7, 2005 at 2:22 a.m., Blogger Candy said...

Aww new babies! Congrats!!! Enjoy all the fighting and puffed up tails you will have for a few days until they learn to be all about the love.

Its sorta funny when they are all tweaked and hop at every little noise.

 
At April 7, 2005 at 9:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post some pictures of Neiko already! I'm dying here!! :)

 
At April 7, 2005 at 12:37 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

You'll have to wait until I get home. Part of the problem is that he doesn't sit still for long. This boy has ants in his pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home