Saturday, April 30, 2005

Project Dishwasher

It's been sometime since I've posted new kitty photos. I have a good reason: last week we installed a new (our first!) dishwasher. My dad did most of the work. He's a great dad. Single T helped him out. I stood by and took photos.

As with any project at the Minty Manor, seemingly simple home improvements turn ugly as our 113-year-old house decides to remind us what "113-year-old" really means.

So a one-day project turned into three, but we have a pretty new set of pipes under the sink and some pretty mfing clean dishes.

However, we have a sad Blusie. He had made the dishwasher into his own personal kitty throne:


Then Neiko joined him:


Then His Girthiness kicked them off:


However, being the control freak that he is, Buddy resumed lording over the project:


(Just checking to make sure Mat's work is sound):


And finally, the mourning of the dishwasher:

They sat there for days...

9 Comments:

At April 30, 2005 at 6:35 p.m., Blogger Candy said...

Oh you cruel and terrible person! How could you! They know that dishwasher was ment just for them!

ahahha, I get that attitude everytime I catch someone in a laundry basket and boot them out.

Boxes are a sanctuary from the other cats around here, they are much coveted.

Nice to see the new guy fitting in so well with his new buddies, even if you are a big bully.
hah.

 
At May 1, 2005 at 10:52 a.m., Blogger Squirl said...

I love the pictures and the running commentary. Such sweet kitty faces.

 
At May 2, 2005 at 7:46 a.m., Blogger Nilbo said...

We have been dogsitting for some friends this week. Our main dog, Roxy, has been augmented by an emergency auxiliary dog, a big lummox of a Golden Retriever named Dakota.

Our two cats, who had spent so much tme and effort to train Roxy, have given up and will not come downstairs.

I am not sure if this is a blessing or a bad thing.

 
At May 2, 2005 at 5:21 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I love how cats adopt a space and it's theirs. My brother's cat is sleeping in a box that arrived with packing pads and he's happy as can be when he's in there.

 
At May 5, 2005 at 3:38 p.m., Blogger Torrie said...

Welcome back. I missed you.

 
At May 6, 2005 at 11:33 a.m., Blogger Random and Odd said...

Today is cat day. I have seen like 4 cats today. I love blogland.

My dishwasher is broken...wanna come help me fix it?????

 
At May 6, 2005 at 11:46 a.m., Blogger Spurious Nurse said...

I like how cats need to be on topof as many items as possible.

Like on top of styrofoam that's on top of a box thats on top of a floor.

Buncha cuties though.

 
At May 9, 2005 at 4:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww. I love those kitty cats. And I LOVE your kitchen floor! Hellooo!

 
At May 16, 2005 at 1:07 p.m., Blogger Random and Odd said...

update...even if it's just pictures of cute kitty cats!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home