Monday, May 16, 2005

Double the kitties, double the fun

To folks like Kristine who keep coming back, even though I'm been a bad blogger, today you shall be rewarded with NEW kitties! (To see them asap, scroll down to skip this long bit.)

Back in University and College, I used to do a lot of pet/house sitting. And by a lot, I mean that sometimes I went for months living at someone else's house.

Thankfully, at the time I only had Buddy, who sometimes came with me. When he didn't, he stayed with my incredibly understanding roommate and friend. She and Budzo were tight, and still are even though she now lives in Toronto. Whenever she comes to visit, he stands on his tippy toes and gets the "shakey tail of happiness". I'm not sure if other cats do this, but it's pretty funny to watch. It's like he can't contain his excitment and it escapes out his tail.

All of this pet/house sitting pretty much put me through school. (Well, not really, but it certainly helped.) I also met some great people through it all who are still good friends to this day. I think it boils down to this: Love of critters = the great equalizer.

My favourite critters of all time were five kitties named George, Roo, Zinger, Stray Kitty and Secundo. They also happened to have the best people in the world who became very good friends of mine and Mat's.

A few years ago they moved to Pittsburgh. Mat and I visited the kitties and their people a few times. Over the years, Stray Kitty found a new home and, sadly, Secundo went missing. Then they moved to Kansas City and we waited for the day when they'd return to London.

Well, they're back! Not only that, but George, Roo and Zinger are in our spare bedroom chillin' because their house isn't quite ready.

Allow me to introduce Sir George:


And Miss Roo:


You'll never see Zingy -- he's afraid of the camera. Actually, he's afraid of just about everything but me, Mat and his parents.

So if you've wondered where I've been these past couple of weeks, I'VE BEEN SCOOPING CAT LITTER EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF EVERY DAY. (JessicaRabbit, how on earth do you do it?)

But I wouldn't have it any other way. My kitties are home!

11 Comments:

At May 16, 2005 at 10:41 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Those kitties are so cute. I know you are loving playing host for all of them. I used to have a calico kitty named Lucy. She was great. She used to sit on a shelf in the kitchen in a large ceramic mixing bowl. It was hilarious when people walked into my kitchen and saw her.

 
At May 17, 2005 at 9:28 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, a new post! :)

Nice to meet you, Sir George and Miss Roo (and Zingy too)!

 
At May 17, 2005 at 11:20 a.m., Blogger Torrie said...

Welcome back, again. You really must post more often. We miss you when you are gone.

 
At May 17, 2005 at 12:55 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

You guys are all way too cute. I don't think the kitties realize the extent of their fan club.

Vanessa - you won't believe this, but Roo has also been know to sleep in bowls.

 
At May 18, 2005 at 7:00 p.m., Blogger Random and Odd said...

I want to kiss your kitties!

WHY did that sound SO perverted?

 
At May 19, 2005 at 11:04 a.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Torrie - you don't miss me, you miss the kitties.

Kristine - funny you say that. Seems everyone want to kiss my kitty.

Thanks Jasmine! I'll let them know.

 
At May 19, 2005 at 8:39 p.m., Blogger Squirl said...

Cute kitties. I read that Jessica Rabbit pays her sons to clean the litter boxes. Sounds like a good deal to me. Good thing Bucky isn't here. She'd never let the "everyone wants to kiss my kitty" remark go without a mention. Oh, I guess I did it for her. :-)

 
At May 19, 2005 at 11:32 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Someone had to. Thanks for takin one for the team, squirl.

 
At May 24, 2005 at 4:18 a.m., Blogger Candy said...

Squirl is right, I pay boys, plus we have 6 boxes and two of them are the electric cleaning kind. 7 boxes if you count the one for the kitty who lives upstairs away from all the other kitties. She is too high stress, she hates all the other cats.

Nick also takes care of the boxes sometimes but the general plan is every 3 days, the whole mess just gets tossed, scooping with 12 cats=waste of time.

Yes, we spend alot of money on litter, and food, and toys, and nip, and everything else. We have a cat horde, it happens.

But I love them.

 
At July 9, 2005 at 5:05 p.m., Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Great little guys!

 
At March 4, 2007 at 7:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Mattresses tukwila wa Statistics2c parental internet control Peak fitness winston-salem hard drives Trouble shooting icv 1992 bmw Slow dancing steps aye parental control v2 00 Anti depresseur fluoxetine Filing income tax online Review acer ferrari f20 Antique roulette tables

 

Post a Comment

<< Home