Sunday, June 12, 2005

Herm



This is Hermie. He belongs to our friend Shawnwall in Pittsburgh. We went to visit them on the May two-four weekend (Canuck speak for the holiday of Queen Victoria's birthday, held every year around May 24th).

As you can see, Hermie's a beautiful boy. What makes him super special is that despite missing a back leg and suffering considerable brain damage from a car accident (pre-Shawnwall), Hermie can do what any cat can do, even better.

In short, he's a spaz. I almost brought him home in my suitcase. But Neiko would've had to defend his Freaky-boy title and I'm not sure I could witness tripod attempt to usurp ol' thumby's throne in a cage match. Who would I cheer for?

Besides, you can collect only so many grey cats before people think you're crazy.

6 Comments:

At June 12, 2005 at 1:46 p.m., Blogger Random and Odd said...

You're killing me with the cute cat pictures. YOU KNOW I'M NOT A CAT PERSON!!

damn you and the cute cats! ;)

 
At June 13, 2005 at 12:42 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Want one? Just kidding. (Don't tell them I said that.)

 
At June 16, 2005 at 4:22 p.m., Blogger Candy said...

You can collect exactly 12 cats before people KNOW your crazy.

Plus 1 puppy.

He is beautiful and Im glad he has such a good life despite the missing leg and the accident. Good kitties are the best thing ever.

 
At June 16, 2005 at 11:41 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

JR, I think people knew you were crazy long before #12.

 
At June 17, 2005 at 12:02 p.m., Blogger Kranki said...

Go Hermie!

 
At June 22, 2006 at 12:24 a.m., Blogger davegannon said...

wow, Herm is a dead ringer to my cat Lolly. I am amazed. She actually lives with my sister now but i still consider her mine. But the likeness is freaky. Love all of you cat posts. Thanks. Dave

here she is:

http://flickr.com/photos/dhgatsby/124862345/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home