Thursday, July 07, 2005

One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war

Ok, I don't mean to dwell... I know we've been through this before... and he's been here for a few months now... but I still can't get over these thumbs.



Now, one could argue that Neiko has some kind of evolutionary advantage over his brothers, but so far this freakish super power has only led to better kitty toy control and superior grip on the scratching posts.

That, and a bit of an attitude.

He has developed a charming cockiness that says to Buddy and Blue, "that's right, bitches. I've got thumbs. We don't know what it means yet, but I'm pretty sure that makes me cuter than you."



Once more, with feeling:

8 Comments:

At July 7, 2005 at 4:25 p.m., Blogger Effie said...

I haven't stopped by for a while and I have to say--I have never seen a cat with thumbs before! Can he use them to grip things or are they decorative? Can he climb higher than most?

 
At July 7, 2005 at 5:32 p.m., Blogger Candy said...

He looks like he is ready to grab the remote and kick back, do you chew on them? I would so kiss those toes. They are toooo sweet.

 
At July 7, 2005 at 6:16 p.m., Blogger the niffer said...

Effie - they're not decorative, THEY'RE ALIVE. He actually does use them to hold and catch toys. And when he's gripping on to a ledge or their water pitcher, he does use them like thumbs. It's freaky to watch - I've been trying to catch it in a photo.

JR - the best part is, he DOES let you kiss them. He doesn't mind people poking and prodding them at all.

 
At July 8, 2005 at 12:57 p.m., Blogger Torrie said...

I LOVE IT!

 
At July 9, 2005 at 4:51 p.m., Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

Damn that cat is cool.

 
At July 9, 2005 at 5:05 p.m., Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

:O) !

Really nice page! Cute cats!

 
At July 15, 2005 at 2:45 p.m., Blogger Kranki said...

Still LOVING the thumbs. They are seriously cute.

 
At July 21, 2005 at 1:06 a.m., Blogger dot said...

Wow. He uses his thumbs? Smart kitty...and we primates think we are sooo special.

You know, it looks like he's wearing white boxing gloves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home